Bismuth Metal 99.99% *** 5 POUNDS ***
- 99.99% pure Bismuth Metal
- Pull Force: 220.9 pounds
- SKU# Bi5lb
- Bismuth Metal 5 Lbs in Needle Form.
- 99.99% Industrial Grade Purity.
- Atomic element No. 83 on the Periodic Table of Elements.
- Bismuth has many interesting properties. It is the highest numbered atomic element with a stable, non-radioactive isotope.
- Bismuth has a relatively low melting point, 520.3 degrees Fahrenheit, making it useful for alloying with other metals.
- Bismuth is an organically-safe substitute for lead; for instance, in non-toxic shot for shotgun shells.
- One property of Bismuth is diamagnetism.
- In short - and over simplistically speaking - Bismuth repels magnets!
- This characteristic makes bismuth a great component of magnetic levitation experiments.
|Maximum Operating Temperature (F)||176|
|Magnetization Direction||Not Applicable|