1 Pound Lodestone Magnetic Rocks - Magnetite Mineral Rock Specimen
- Lodestone magnetic rocks
- Length: 1 to 2 inches
- SKU# MLODESTONE
- 1 Pound Lodestone Magnetic Rocks.
- Multiple Pieces guaranteed to equal at least 1 Pound or 454 grams.
- Pieces measure very roughly 1 to 2 inches in length.
- Place of origin: Mexico. Lodestone is natural magnetite, an iron ore that has magnetized by natural forces - most likely the intense electrical field associated with a nearby lightning strike.nbsp;Lodestone can pick up iron filings (as pictured, but not included), paper clips, even small nails.
- Lodestone is very weak when compared to man-made magnets, such as ferrite, alnico, or rare earth.
|Maximum Operating Temperature (F)||176|
|Magnetization Direction||Through Rectangular Thickness (Axial)|