DIY Fridge Bottle Hanger
It’s that time of year again, the sun is shining, the days are longer and it seems like every weekend a new party, graduation or family get-together is happening. Although these times are fun, there’s one thing they all have in common, food and drinks. As your fridge begins to fill with leftovers, you’ll have to decide what’s most important, cold drinks or unspoiled food. Well, now you don’t have to decide. We’ve put together a step by step DIY magnet project that will have all of your metal topped bottles hanging above the food containers. Whether you have beer, soda or even an iced coffee, this project is sure to free up space in your fridge.
- Set of 3/4" x 1/16” Adhesive Backed - Neodymium Rare Earth Magnets
- Plastic sheet
- 3M Double sided adhesive tape
- Cut plastic sheets into 2” x 9” rectangles.
- Remove the paper covering the adhesive on the magnets, and place one magnet on each end and one directly in the middle.
- Figure out the location in your fridge in which you want your bottle hanger to be. Wipe and dry the area to ensure a clean hold for the adhesive about to be placed.
- Cut the adhesive tape so that it’s the same size as the plastic sheet. Make sure it is no bigger, as other objects will stick to it once in the refrigerator.
- Remove one side of the adhesive tape’s paper and stick it directly onto the opposite side of the magnets on your plastic strips.
- Remove the other paper covering the adhesive tape, and stick the adhesive directly onto the top of your fridge in the place you had previously cleaned. Press the plastic all over to ensure that the adhesive is evenly stuck to the fridge.
- Hang up your metal capped bottles and enjoy your extra fridge space!
Because the magnets are strong, you can also use them to hang other items with metal tops that weigh similarly to a bottle. In the comments section let us know how your project turned out and what you plan on hanging in your fridge!