Did you know that there is an actual Frankenstein Day? In August, there is one to celebrate the writer Mary Shelley’s birthday, but there is also one this month. The last Friday of October is Frankenstein Friday and it just so happens that this year it falls on Halloween. It has been two centuries since Shelley wrote Frankenstein, but everyone is still familiar with the monster tale that has become one of the main symbols of Halloween. This month you can celebrate Frankenstein and general October spookiness with these Frankenstein fridge magnets!
- Felt (black and green)
- Neodymium magnets
- Googly eyes
- Black marker
- Cut out your felt pieces. Cut a green piece into a rectangle shape with one rounded end for the top of the head.
- Then cut out two identical black pieces of felt for the iconic bolts in Frankenstein’s neck and another piece for the hair.
- Glue the black felt pieces on top of the green to start making your Frankenstein face.
- Place the Googly eyes just below the glued hair piece and glue them on.
- Draw on a mouth and a few stitches with a black marker.
- Turn your Frankenstein over so that it is face down and glue on a neodymium magnet. Press down on it for a few seconds to make sure the glue sticks and flip it over.
Now you have created your very own set of Frankenstein magnets for Halloween! You can make even more spooky magnet pals for your first monster by altering the design slightly. Try different colors of felt and mix and match for your other creations. If you need some self adhesive magnets or neodymium magnets for your project, check out our online selection here.