Hidden Magnet Car Key Holder
Have you ever lost your car keys? We know, it’s the worst! Just as you’re about to leave the house you realize you have absolutely no idea where you put them. But what if there was a way to ensure that they’ll always be in the same place every time you go to look for them?
Using the power of magnets, you’ll never spend another minute looking for them. To help you in your endless struggles of not losing things, we’ve put together a DIY hidden magnet car key holder.
- Neodymium Rare Earth Magnet
-Small Plastic Cap (Optional)
- Begin by locating your fuse box, and turning off power to the lightswitch you intend to use.
- Using your screwdriver, remove the screws from the desired lightswitch.
- Carefully remove the lightswitch cover, making sure not to remove any of the wiring from its place.
- If using glue, line up where the magnet will be able to clear the area between the wall and the lightswitch, and glue accordingly. Remember that you will also need to screw the lightswitch cover back on!
- For the small plastic cap, either glue the magnet inside of it, or simply place if it fits snug enough. Next place the cap in the opening between the wall and the lightswitch. Ensure that you place it next to the grounded wire (one that won’t feel warm to the touch).
- Carefully screw the lightswitch cover back into place, ensuring that it is not over tightened as it will crack the cover.
If you have a friend or family member who constantly loses their car keys, share this post with them to help them out If you’re the person who can never find your keys and use the project we must tell you this comes with one warning, you’ll no longer be able to delay plans because, “I can’t find my keys!” Let us know in the comments section below how your hidden magnet project comes out, and if there any other ways you can similarly use hidden magnets to keep track of those easily lost items.