St. Patrick’s Day DIY Magnetic Shamrock
St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated every March 17 to honor the patron saint of Ireland and celebrate Irish heritage and culture. On St. Patrick’s day, you’re bound to see tons of green, leprechauns (the holiday’s most popular mascot), and plenty of four-leaf clovers. To get you in the Irish spirit, we have the perfect St. Patrick’s Day decor for you! This St. Patrick’s Day DIY magnetic shamrock is an easy way to show your appreciation for the March holiday, while still being festive.
Supplies You’ll Need:
- 4 wooden heart cutouts. These should be very thin wood and unpainted.
- Green paint.
- Hot glue gun.
- ⅛” x 1/16” Disc Magnets.
- Green ribbon.
How to make your St. Patrick’s Day DIY Magnetic Shamrock
- Paint each wooden heart with green paint on one side. Let dry completely.
- Using a heavy-duty hole punch, create a hole in 2 of the hearts, near the bottom. Make sure both holes are in the same place on each heart.
- Place the wooden hearts together to form a four-leaf clover.
- Using the hot glue gun, glue the hearts together on the non-painted side towards the middle. Make sure the two hearts with the holes are on the top.
- Cut a small piece of ribbon. Put the ribbon through both holes of the heart, and tie a bow in the middle of both hearts.
- If needed, glue down the back of the two hearts on top for a more secure hold.
- On the back of the bottom heart, use the hot glue gun to attach the magnet. Let dry completely.
You can alter some of the supplies (such as the paint and ribbon) to your liking, and even add additional crafting supplies like glitter or stickers. You can create multiple four-leaf clover magnets and stick on your fridge or even your desk or file cabinet at work for a festive touch.
Ready to create more magnetic projects? Check out our magnetic crafts blog for some inspiration and ideas.