Cute Bubble Magnets for Mother’s Day
This year marks the 107th anniversary of the modern Mother’s Day celebration in the United States. After 107 years, it’s getting more and more difficult to find original, creative Mother’s Day gifts worthy of people as special as moms. If you usually go with one of the popular Mother’s Day gifts like chocolate, flowers, or spa treatments, maybe this year you can try combining thoughtfulness with utility. You can make easy refrigerator photo bubble magnets that mom will love and never lose!
Refrigerator magnets make great souvenirs and even better Mother’s Day gifts when you add a personal touch. The refrigerator is the perfect communication board for many families. It can tell you what’s important to a family from their schedules to their favorite family photos and holiday cards to report cards. Families that are always on the go also use the refrigerator to leave messages for each other. Instead of hanging up more photos with magnets, try turning your favorite family photos into magnets.
- Translucent pebbles or stones like the ones you can find at a pet store for fish bowls. These should have be rounded on one side with a flat edge on the other like a mini, clear dome.
- Strong glue that becomes transparent when dry.
- Small magnets for crafts. These can be any shape (although disc magnets would work best) as long as they are the same size as or smaller than the clear stones.
- Photos of you or you and your family that you can cut out into small circles. The cut-out photos should be printed on photo paper and should be the same size as the pebbles.
- First, use your scissors to cut the photos into a circle to fit the clear stones.
- Next, apply a small amount of glue to the front of the photo.
- Spread the glue with a toothpick.
- Press the flat side of the glass marble to the side of the photo with glue.
- Dab glue onto the back side of the photo and attach the magnet.
When it dries, you will have a photo bubble magnet that mom will love! This 5-step Mother’s Day craft is quick and easy. You can make it fun by finding funny family photos to display on the fridge. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment or contact us.