DIY: Calculator Fridge Magnets
Thanks to laptops, phones, and other devices, you may have an old calculator collecting dust in your junk drawer. Instead of throwing it out, consider turning it into a fun collection of magnets that can help your child learn math this school year. Follow along as we explain how to create this fun project.
You will likely have everything you need to complete this quick project in your home. To buy the disc magnets this project requires, visit our website. We proudly offer same-day shipping on all orders placed by 3 PM EST so you can get your delivery quickly.
You will need:
- Disc magnets (4mm x 1mm disc)
- Rubbing alcohol
While your children can enjoy the finished product, a responsible adult should assemble the necessary materials.
Follow these simple steps:
- Use your screwdriver to remove the panels from your calculator. Once you can reach the buttons, they should pop off easily.
- Put some rubbing alcohol on a cloth and scrub the keys to remove any remaining residue.
- Take your magnets and place glue on one side.
- Press your magnets on the back of each key.
- Once your magnets have dried, you can either place the keys on a fridge or even a whiteboard in your home. Now, your kids can arrange them and have a fun, interactive learning experience!
Broaden Your Horizons with Apex
At Apex, we have project ideas for novices and experts! Just head to our DIY page to find an idea that interests you. If you would like to get our latest blogs sent right to your inbox, consider signing up for our monthly newsletter. Not only will you get to catch up on magnet news, but you will also get exclusive Apex discounts and more!