DIY Cork Magnets
There are always those items you find around your house that you have a plethora of, but don’t have a clue what to do with. You don’t want to waste said items, but you can’t find a proper use for them either. For example: all the leftover wine bottle corks you were planning to save for some cool project, but never got around to doing, and now they’re collecting dust in the corner. Well, we’ve got the perfect solution for you!
Around this time of year, holiday parties and dinners commence leaving the hosts with piles of corks. Many times, these corks can have lovely designs or sayings on them, and it’s hard to actually throw them away. So how can you display them? Why, by making them magnets, of course! This DIY is easy, simple and will decorate your fridge in a classy, yet functional way!
- Any corks youalready have around the house!
- A pair of scissors (A sharp pair works best)
- A hot glue gun.
- Multiple 3mm x 1mm Disc - Neodymium Rare Earth Magnet or 5mm x 1mm Disc - Neodymium Rare Earth Magnet
- Cut the corks directly in half (the long way).
- Use the hot glue gun to glue the magnets on the flat half of the corks.
- Let glue completely dry.
- Stick them on your fridge and admire your masterpieces!
If you would like to step it up a notch and make your cork magnets even cooler, try these tips:
- Buy mini air plants (available on Amazon) and glue the plants on top of the corks for a more nature-like feel!
- Customize the corks to your unique style by painting them the color scheme of your kitchen!
- If the corks have a special occasion or memory connected to them, such as a wedding or anniversary, write the date on each cork with a black marker!
For more magnetic DIYs, make sure to check out the rest of our blog!