DIY: Fourth of July Glitter & Star Magnets
Next week is the official birthday of America! Some of the visuals that we imagine for the Fourth of July are red, white, blue and anything that is reminiscent of fireworks or the American flag. Many of us we’ll be holding parties to commemorate our loved ones or just celebrate our freedom with friends and delicious barbecued food. For those occasions, here is a simple and patriotic DIY party favor idea using the staple holiday visuals: Fourth of July glitter and star magnets!
- Glitter (silver, red and blue)
- Fourth of July star confetti
- Neodymium magnets
- Clear glass marbles with a flat side
- Super glue
- Paper plates or newspapers
- Lay the clear marbles out on a disposable paper plate or thick sheet of paper like newspaper. You can find these marbles with a flat and round side at many craft stores.
- Place one or a few confetti stars on the flat back of the marbles and glue them down with a layer of Mod Podge.
- Allow to dry, then coat with a layer of Mod Podge and press in some patriotically colored glitter. Red, blue and silver glitter are all appropriate colors. We recommend contrasting the star confetti colors.
- Wait for the glitter to completely dry, flipping the glitter side up on the disposable paper surface. This could take several hours or overnight.
- Once dry, coat the glittered backs of the marbles with another layer of Mod Podge to seal in the glitter and make a smoother surface.
- Let dry for an hour or more.
- Take your disc neodymium magnets and glue them to the flat glittered backs of the marbles.
Once the magnets stick and the glue is dry, you can adorn your fridge with these festive magnets or give them away as favors at your Fourth of July party! For any questions or comments on this DIY or our magnet selection, feel free to comment or contact us!