DIY Magnetic Chalkboard Calendar
In a short time, 2016 will officially be history. That means a whole new year to look forward to! Whether your New Year’s resolution was to get more organized, manage your time better, or just try something new, we’ve got the perfect DIY for you.
This magnetic chalkboard calendar is the perfect way to stay on top of your schedule all year long and it’s super easy to make! All you need are a few supplies and a little creativity. Ready to get started?
- Wooden board (we recommend at least 1 foot x 2 feet)
- Magnetic chalkboard paint (available at most hobby stores)
- Chalk (whatever color you like)
- Small neodymium disc magnets
- Hanging brackets and screws
- Sand down your board until it’s totally smooth.
- Paint one side of the board with your magnetic chalkboard paint.
- Let dry overnight.
- Attach hanging brackets to the back of the board.
- Using chalk, draw a calendar right on the board. Make dates as larges as you’d like. Make sure you leave room for things like the month, day names, and anything else you’d like to add.
- Hang your calendar.
- Use disc magnets to attach notes and other important info.
And there you have it! A super easy DIY project to get the New Year started off right. The best part about this project is you can use it month after month, year after year. When one month ends, simply erase it and start over for the next month.
Feeling ambitious? Here are a few ideas to make your magnetic chalkboard really stand out!
- Using different color paints, add a fun border or other designs to your calendar. Just make sure there’s enough room for your calendar.
- Grab some hook magnets for a convenient place to hang car keys or even jackets (believe us, they’re strong enough).
- Bored with the calendar motif? You can easily erase it and use your board as a place to write notes, draw pictures, or even for homework!
As you can see, this magnetic chalkboard is extremely versatile and totally customizable. Start 2017 on a good note by staying organized and expressing your creativity.