DIY Magnetic Popsicle Puzzle
When you’re stuck inside on a rainy day, puzzles are a fun indoor activity to occupy your time. If you’ve already done all the puzzles in your house though, this DIY magnetic popsicle puzzle craft will help you make an endless supply of puzzles. Here's how to get started:
- Large popsicle sticks
- Small magnets for crafts
- Printed picture
- Metal cookie sheet
- X-Acto knife or scissors
- First, glue one small magnet to the center of each popsicle stick. You can neodymium magnets for a more powerful magnetic force to hold your puzzle together.
- Next, print a small, square picture of your favorite animal, scenery, or even a family photo.
- Once the glue is dry line up the popsicle sticks so they’re in a square large enough to fit the dimensions of your photo. You can put them on the cookie sheet so they won’t shift or move around. The magnets will attract to the metal sheet making it easy to complete step 4.
- Glue the picture to the popsicle sticks with the magnet side facing down towards the cookie sheet.
- After the glue dries, use your x-acto knife to cut the paper along the edges of the popsicle sticks.
- Your new puzzle is ready to go!
Now, you can disperse the magnetic popsicle sticks and rearrange them into a complete picture just like a puzzle. After you master your first popsicle puzzle, you can make more with different pictures or photos. These magnet puzzles are fun to leave on the fridge and use to hold notes. They also make great games for long road trips. Just bring along a metal cookie sheet so you don’t lose any popsicle sticks. If you’re feeling really creative, you can draw a picture to use for your puzzle instead of printing one.
What pictures, photos, or drawings did you turn into magnetic puzzles?