DIY: Turkey Day Fridge Magnets
Want to keep your family busy while you’re cooking dinner? Need to decorate your house for Turkey Day on a budget? Decorate your fridge with cute little turkey magnets! The kiddos can help with the craft with supervision, of course -- someone has to use the glue gun!
What You’ll Need For Each Turkey:
- 3 corks
- Yarn -- any colors work, but we’d choose brown, red, orange, or yellow!
- Red and yellow felt
- 2 Bobby pins
- Googly eyes
- Craft glue
- 20mm x 3mm disc magnets
To make the body:
- Glue together three corks to form a triangle
- Attach a magnet to the back side of one of the two rear corks
- Glue feathers to the back of the two rear corks
- Glue bobby pins underneath the front cork for feet
To make the head:
- Roll yarn into a 1-1/2" ball (tip: make a knot and then spin the yarn around the knot!)
- Glue the yarn ball to the top of one cork
- Take the eyes and glue them to the ball of yarn
- For the nose, cut a diamond shape from yellow felt (about 1/4"x1/2"), fold in half, and glue to the head, just under the eyes
To make the gobbler:
- Cut three teardrop shapes from red felt, about 1/2" long each
- Glue under the head to the top edge of the cork
There you have it! These little guys are so cute, you’ll want to keep them up all winter long. If you try this out, share your experience with us on our Facebook page and take a look at our magnets for crafts page for more DIY projects!