Make Jewelry Easy to Wear with Magnetic Clasps
A magnetic jewelry clasp is often easier to use than other jewelry closure methods. Because it opens and closes with magnets, the jewelry is held in place securely but can also be removed easily by the wearer by pulling apart the magnetic closures. This is extremely convenient for individuals with arthritis or limited dexterity. There are several different types of magnetic clasps that you can choose from to construct your pieces but it is important to know what type to use.
Before starting you must decide what type of magnetic clasp is best for your piece of jewelry. Here are a few tips to help you determine what type of magnetic jewelry clasp is best:
- If you are creating your piece of jewelry with threads and knots these magnetic cylinder clasps work well because they are designed to hide knots. These are also nice for incorporating in a magnetic bracelet design.
- If your design uses jump rings, then claw clasps are excellent for quick, no-fuss attachment. Magnetic claw clasps are ideal for light-weight necklace closures but can be used in other jewelry.
- Magnetic Jewelry Clasps
- Strong Thread/ Beading Wire
- Once you have already created your necklace, bracelet or other accessory, attaching the magnetic clasp is one of the last steps.
- To attach a magnetic claw clasp: Open the claw side of the clasp and attach it to the jump ring.
- To attach a magnetic cylinder clasp: Once your accessory is finished and clamped securely, you can attach this clasp by threading it through the center and knotting its ends.
For more information on jewelry making or attaching clasps, check out this DIY and Tutorial page. If you’d like more information or have questions about what type of magnetic clasps you should use for your project, feel free to contact us.