Motivational Magnets to Help You Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions
Around this time every year, we set our New Year’s resolutions. And although we may start out with a strong determination to keep them, many of us fail by the end of the year. In fact, according to research from the University of Scranton, 60% of New Year’s resolutions fail. However, we’re not trying to discourage you from setting resolutions. Instead, we have a few ideas for how you can push yourself to keep them, all year.
One of the keys to completing your goals for 2015 is to stay motivated and committed. And one way to stay motivated is by reminding yourself each day to keep going. For those of you that are determined to meet your 2015 resolutions, here’s an idea━create DIY motivation magnets and place them all around your home as a friendly reminder to stick with it. Learn how to make them below.
- 2x2 Bathroom tiles
- Mod Podge
- Neodymium magnets
- Permanent marker
- Strong glue
- Scissors or X-acto knife
- Print out some motivational quotes or personal reminders. Make sure that they are printed down to a size that will fit on your 2x2 inch tile. Alternatively, you can write your own with a marker. Simply take a permanent marker, write on the tile and skip to Step 4.
- If you are printing the motivational sayings, then cut them down the size of the tile with scissors or an X-acto knife.
- Glue the paper to the front of the tile.
- Allow to dry. Then coat with a layer of Mod Podge to add some shine to it.
- Wait to dry again. Then flip the tile over and glue a strong neodymium magnet to the back. Be sure to use strong glue and press down on the magnet to make sure it sticks firmly.
You can create as many of these motivational magnets as you’d like. Once you have all of them together, place them throughout your house in places that you see everyday. Some ideas are on your fridge, bathroom mirror or even in your car. When you see them, they’ll give you the gentle push you may need to complete your New Year’s resolutions. And when 2015 comes to an end, you can easily replace them with new ones!