DIY Magnet Name Tags
Say goodbye to sticky name tag residue on your shirt and awkwardly asking for a co-worker’s name when their name tag falls off and say hello to our DIY magnet name tags! To be honest, we’re surprised it’s taken us this long to share this tutorial. For this project, it’s best to get the lowest pull force magnets—it doesn’t take much to hold together the name tag. It would be smart to have a few heavier pull force magnets on hand, however, in case someone wants to wear their name tag on a winter coat or a thick sweater. What You’ll Need:
- Piece of card stock or notecard — can be laminated if you want!
- 2 5mm x 3 mm disc magnets per name tag (This set comes with 30 magnets!)
- Write your name on the card stock or notecard and let dry
- With one hand, place a magnet on the top of the notecard and hold*
- With your other hand, place the other magnet behind your shirt, sweater, etc.
- Slowly move the back magnet until it attaches to the front
- Move the magnets at the same time to straighten the name tag