DIY Magnetic Airplane Clip
When you and your family all have busy schedules, keeping track of where everyone is and who needs what is more difficult than usual. You can send them text messages, but what if they forgot to charge their phone? You could also leave a note for them on the fridge, but how can you make sure they see it among all the other fridge magnets, notes, and photos? With this easy DIY airplane clip magnet, you can make sure your important reminder is the first thing everyone sees when they enter the kitchen!
- Airplane picture or stencil
- Cardboard or other sturdy material
- Strong bar magnet
- First, make sure your airplane picture or stencil is the right size for this project. You don’t want it to be significantly larger than the clothespin or it will be difficult to use as a note holder.
- Next, cut out your airplane image or draw your own airplane.
- Use the airplane picture to trace the shape of a plane onto the cardboard.
- Now, cut out the cardboard plane and glue the image to the cardboard cut-out. You can also laminate the image of the plane. If you don’t think cardboard or lamination is sufficient, you can also use popsicle sticks to create the frame of your plane. As long as it’s sturdy, you can use whatever is available to you.
- Then, use the superglue to secure your airplane image to one side of the clothespin.
- On the other side of the clothespin, use the superglue to attach a strong bar magnet.
- Once the glue is dry, your magnetic airplane clip is ready to go!
The rare earth magnet on the back of your airplane clip can hold the clip as well as several sheets of paper firmly in place on the fridge. You can pinch your note into the clip so it’s visible on an already cluttered surface. If you really want to make it stand out, you can paint your airplane a vibrant color. You can also create a fleet of airplane magnets and assign a different color to each member of your family.