DIY Rainbow Clay Magnets
Rainbows represent joy thanks to their full, bright colors making them perfect inspiration for this easy yet functional February DIY. Below, we’ll teach you how to make your very own rainbow magnet to hang on your fridge or anywhere else you need a little extra color this season. Let’s get started!
What You’ll Need:
- Craft knife
- Polymer clay (in your choice of colors)
- Neodymium Magnets
- Choose a few colors of polymer clay for your rainbow— we recommend 4 but if you’re okay with a larger magnet and are feeling ambitious, you can do the whole rainbow. Take the clay in your hands and warm it up enough to roll the clay into small cylinders of the same thickness.
- Take your rolled out cylinders and form each piece into an arch shape. Align each color inside one another in the order you want. At this point it should take the appearance of a rainbow!
- Press the layers together and cut the remaining length off using your craft knife. Depending on the size you want, feel free to cut and form your rainbow accordingly.
- Following the directions that came with your clay, put them in the oven to bake and harden. Then, let the clay cool completely.
- Once it’s ready, take your magnets— we suggest using 14mm x 2mm neodymium disk magnets—and attach them onto the back of your rainbow using super glue.
- Set them out to dry and then, Voilà, they’re ready to use! Hang them on your fridge to display family photos or grocery lists in style.
Find More DIYs and Magnet Hacks With Apex Magnets
If you like magnetic DIYs, then you’re in the right place! Check out our full blog for more activities and creative ways to use magnets.