Magnetic Copper Decoration DIYs
Copper is versatile material, used for many practical purposes throughout the home. However, it has also become a popular decorating motif. If you love the copper aesthetic, these two do-it-yourself projects are right up your alley! In the spirit of spring cleaning, these crafts not only look great, but help you stay organized! Keep reading to learn how to make a magnetic DIY copper inspiration board and magnetic copper cup organizers.
Copper Magnetic Inspiration Board
What You’ll Need:
- Magnetic Board (Found at any local craft or office supply store)
- Multiple ¼” x ¼” x ¼” Cube Magnets
- 1-2 Sheets of Copper Foil (0.003 thick or 40 gauge copper foil)
- Double-sided Adhesive Tape or Glue
- Measure the copper foil to fit the magnetic board.
- Cut the copper foil.
- Glue or stick the copper foil onto the magnetic board. Make sure to smooth down foil immediately to get rid of any bubbles. Let dry.
- Use the magnets to stick postcards, pictures, notes, etc. on the board!
This copper inspiration board is perfect for any bedroom, office, or kitchen! Use it to display your favorite photos, quotes, and other mementos. Place it anywhere in your home where it will give you a little extra motivation to get through the day.
Magnetic Copper Organization Cups
What You’ll Need:
- Aluminium/metal cups or canisters.
- Copper spray paint.
- Multiple ½” x ⅛” Disc Magnets (For heavier items, try these ⅝” x ⅛” Discs instead)
- Hot glue gun.
- Optional: cookie sheet or tray and adhesive strips.
- Spray paint the cups and/or canisters. Let dry overnight.
- Hot glue 1-2 small magnets to the back of each can. Let dry
- Attach to the fridge and fill the cans with silverware, office supplies or even flowers!
- Optional for bedroom/bathroom use: Use the adhesive strips or tape to attach the cookie sheet to the wall. Add the cups to the cookie sheet and fill the cups up with makeup brushes, bobby-pins, etc.
Copper can be used to add a great look for many projects. While these DIYs encourage organization, they’ll also looking amazing! How will you use these magnetic projects to keep you organized and motivated? Let us know!