DIY Frankenstein’s Monster Magnet
Halloween is one of our favorite times of the year thanks to the fantastic movies, infamous characters, decorations, and, of course, candy. If you have been anxiously waiting to start decorating your house with spooky decor, we are here to help you get started. Today’s DIY project is a simple craft of Frankenstein’s monster that anyone can make to spruce up their home or office. Follow along as we explain how you can create your own!
Those who craft often may have all the supplies they need in their studio, if not, you can pick up your remaining supplies from your favorite craft store. Get the magnets required for this project right here at Apex! We offer same-day shipping on all orders placed by 3 PM EST.
Gather the following supplies:
- Snap lid
- Black construction paper
- Googly eyes
- Disc magnets (5mm x 4mm)
- Black felt marker
- Green acrylic paint
7 Steps to Create Magnetic Frankenstein’s Monster
Anyone can participate in making this fun craft. If you allow your children to help out, please make sure you or another adult is in the room to supervise.
Follow these steps:
- Paint the flat side of the snap lid with your green paint and set it off to the side to dry.
- Grab your black construction paper and cut out the bolts and hair for your monster. If you want a more accurate cut, use a photo for reference or print off a stencil.
- By now, your paint should be dry. Take the hair, bolts, and googly eyes and glue them onto the lid to create the monster’s face.
- Use your marker to draw the mouth and stitches on the face.
- Allow the facial features and then flip your craft over.
- Grab your disc magnet and glue it on the lip side of the lid. Wait for it to dry.
- Hang up your new decorations on your fridge, the whiteboard in your office, etc.
Once you get done with this craft, why not create another? Keep preparing for your Halloween movie night by making some of our other fantastic fall craft ideas. Get the magnets you need by visiting our online store. If you would like advice regarding which products to buy, just call our friendly staff at 1-304-257-1193. We are always happy to help you complete your projects!