DIY: Magnetic Jewelry Board
Magnets have many different uses. When it comes to household organization they can be extremely useful. One way to use magnets to help keep your home and items organized is by creating a magnet board that can both display and organize various objects.
- Old Picture Frame
- 1 sheet of metal
- 1 sheet of mounting board
- Fabric or Thick Patterned Paper
- Staples (Optional)
- Cut or buy a piece of foam board to the size of the frame to serve as the backing.
- Lay them foam board down and glue the metal sheet to one side of it. The metal sheet should be about ¼ inch smaller than the foam board on each side.
- Glue the metal sheet to the foam board with a hot glue gun.
- Lay down the old picture frame with the back up. You can paint the frame if you want before adding the metal sheet.
- Cut out a piece of fabric or patterned paper that is about 2 inches longer and wider than the foam board.
- Place the fabric or paper over foam board, covering the metal sheet. There should be about an inch of fabric/paper hanging off each side.
- Use the extra fabric/paper to wrap around the foam board, then glue or staple this to secure it around the board.
- Once the glue is dry, place the board into the frame with the fabric/paper facing out. Secure it in place with the back of the frame.
Now that you have made the magnetic board you can use it to hold makeup, jewelry, or other small objects. You can purchase some magnet pins to hold dangling jewelry or attach magnets to the back of makeup containers for easy storage and display.