DIY Santa’s Belt Magnets
The spirit of Christmas is in the air, and we are here to help you turn your home into a spitting image of Santa’s workshop with some fun Christmas-themed magnet decorations. This week, we are kicking things off with the man himself: Santa Claus. Follow along to see how you can create Santa belt magnets that will turn heads at your family Christmas party.
You can get all of your supplies by making a quick trip to your favorite craft store. Pick up the necessary magnets right here at Apex through our online store. You can also enjoy same-day shipping on your order as long as it is placed by 3 PM EST.
You will need these supplies:
- Small wood crafting discs
- Red paint
- Black paint
- Tacky glue
- Painter’s tape
- Disc magnets (5mm x 1mm)
- White or yellow mini-crafting gems
This project is a lot of fun and can be enjoyed by the whole family. We strongly recommend that parents remain with their children throughout the entire creation process, and suggest that an adult or older child places the gems on the discs since they are so small.
- Gather all of your materials.
- Cut out a small strip of your painter’s tape and place it across the middle of your wooden disc.
- Paint the rest of your disc red.
- Once dry, carefully remove your tape and paint the unpainted area black to resemble the belt.
- While that dries, get your gems prepared.
- Glue your gems on the disc in the shape of a belt buckle.
- After your gems dry, flip over your wood disc and glue a magnet on the back.
- Repeat steps 1-7 on as many discs as you would like. After you are happy with the amount of magnets you have made, you can hang them up around your home and enjoy some holiday cheer or share with family and friends.
Make More Decorations with Apex Magnets
Be sure to keep up to date with us for more exciting holiday magnets. A great way to ensure that you see our content is by signing up for our monthly newsletter, which includes blogs, DIY ideas, discounts, and much more. If you ever have any questions, feel free to call us at 1-304-257-1193. We are always happy to help you complete your order.