Magnetic Mason Jar Storage Shelf
Have you ever been in a rush to get ready in the morning and realize you can’t find anything you need? Cotton swabs, dental floss, bobby pins — they all seem to disappear when you’re crunched for time. That’s where the magnetic mason jar storage shelf comes in. This DIY is not only extremely functional and convenient but also livens up your space.
The magnetic mason jar storage shelf includes a shelf on top where you can place any decorations or items you’d like with mason jars hanging on the bottom. It’s as accessible and simple as you could ask for. All you have to do is twist the jar off the magnet, and you’ve got your hands on those hair clips you desperately needed. This shelf doesn’t have to be limited to the bathroom however, hang it in the kitchen and store spices, or in the bedroom and store jewelry. The organizational options are endless with this craft!
What You’ll Need:
- Wood shelf (sold at any craft store or home improvement store)
- Stain or paint color of your choice
- Differing magnets for the contents inside the jars, at least a ½” x ¼” Countersink Ring - Rare Earth Magnets
- Miniature mason jars, including the lids and lid rings (sold at most craft stores)
- Adhesive glue or hot glue gun
- Power drill and screws
- Stain or paint the shelf with the color of your choice.
- Turn the shelf upside down, so the bottom of the shelf is turned up.
- Use the lid of the mason jars to measure exactly where you would like to have the mason jars hanging from the shelf. Remember to space out evenly for each one. Make a mark where the middle of the lid is for every mason jar.
- Place the magnets on each mark and secure magnet on shelf with a screw. Drill the screw into the magnet until it feels tightly secure.
- Hang shelf on preferred wall.
- This step is optional but can make for extra-sturdy jars -- take the mason jar lids and lid rings and use strong glue to glue the lids to the lid rings.
- Fill mason jars, add another magnet to the top of the jar, and attach to the jar on the shelf!
Itching to get even more organized with other magnetic DIY’s? We’ve got you covered. Check out our magnet crafts blog!