Make a Hidden Jewelry Holder with a Picture Frame and Magnets
A clever way to hide jewelry or just hang it up is to build a jewelry organizer into a picture frame. The process is relatively simple and it makes a trendy but functional piece of home decor. If you want to make your own hidden jewelry holder, here is what you’ll need and how to do it.
- Picture or painting
- 4 wooden pieces (sized to fit inner frame)
- Magnetic board
- Magnetic latch (neodymium magnets with countersink)
- Pin magnets
- Take your 4 wooden pieces and screw them together to make a frame. This will go directly behind the picture frame. You can also paint the pieces black or white to make it blend well with the wall.
- Once you have your wooden frame, place a magnetic board behind the frame. You can either glue the board to the frame or screw it into frame to attach it.
- Once attached, you are ready to install the hinges onto the open side of the wooden frame and the picture frame.
- Drill hinges to one side of the wooden frame, attaching the wooden frame to the picture frame.
- On the opposite side of the hinges, use a magnetic latch to secure the picture frame in place. If you aren’t sure how to install a magnetic latch, here is a guide. All you need is some countersunk magnets, screws and a drill.
- Now that you have your magnetic latch installed, you can put your frame on the wall and start hanging up your jewelry pieces with pin magnets. If you haven’t yet put a picture or painting in the frame, insert it now. This way the jewelry is hidden when the frame is closed.
You can hang up earrings, necklaces and bracelets in your new magnetic frame jewelry holder. It also makes a great DIY gift for friends or a functional decor item for your home. Also, since the jewelry is hung with pin magnets, you can easily move pieces around to create more room for new additions.